- 2 cans black beans
- 1 can white beans (cannellini)
- 2 tbsp cooking Sherry
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp "Braggs"
- 2 more cans black beans
- 1 pkg. Basmati rice (or brown rice)
- 1/2 cup chopped white or red onions
- Vegenaise or soy sour cream
- Follow instructions on rice package to make 5-‐6 c of rice
- Put 1st 5 ingredients in blender & blend till smooth then pour into soup pan.
- Add 2 more cans of black beans.
- Heat on med-‐high to almost boiling, stirring often.
- Serve in bowls over rice. Top with chopped onions & a dollop of vegenaise or soy sour cream. For some spice, add a little Cholula &/or red pepper flakes.
- 1 large can (67 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 med. zucchini
- 2-3 med-sm yellow squash
- 3 cans red kidney beans
- 1 can white kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 bag (12 oz) "Boca Veggie Ground Crumbles" or "Trader Joes Beef-less Ground Beef"
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Mix, cover and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Boil lightly for 20 minutes, then simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of Vegenaise and whole grain crackers.
- 3 boxes "Imagine No-Chicken Broth"
- 3 qts water
- 1/2 cup red miso
- 1/3 cup Instant Mashed Potatoes
- 1/2 cup white onion (small slices)
- 1 yellow squash (halved and sliced)
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 cups chopped yams
- 1 can black beans with broth
- 2 cans butter beans
- 2 cups Tofurky, seitan or field Roast in bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp sage
- 1 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp fresh chopped ginger
- Boil lightly for 30-45 mins.
- Serve with a dollop of Vegenaise. Great with Southern Corn Bread!
- 12 cups water
- 1 cup red miso
- 1/8 cup scallions chopped
- 1/2 cup kombu (seaweed) chopped; optional
- 2 tubs tofu cubed
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic chopped
- 3/4 cup butternut squash cubed; optional
- 2-3 cups kale chopped
- Bring all ingredients except kale to a boil and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add kale and cover for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of Vegenaise.
- Purée in blender & heat on low. Add Chalula to taste. Serve over a scoop of basmati rice & top with "Go Raw" Sprouted Pumpkin seeds.
- They'll love it & never know it was ever left-over soup!
- 3 1/2 pounds squash (acorn, butternut, yellow, etc.)
- 2 1/2 tbsp "Earth Balance"
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tart apples pealed, cored and chopped
- 3/4 cup sake
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cube Not-Chick'n Bouillon
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Spray the squash with oil, place cut side down on baking sheets and roast for 45 minutes, or until flesh is soft. Scoop out the flesh into a large bowl.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Saute the onion, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in the garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook 1 minute. Add the apples and sake and simmer for 10 minutes, or until apples soften.
- Add the squash flesh, broth, water and bouillon to the sauted onions. Puree with an immersion blender.
- Heat over medium heat and season with salt, pepper and cayenne, to taste.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white or red onions
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 pound lentils cleaned and picked
- 1 14.5 oz. can chopped tomato
- 2 quarts vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 pkgs spinach
- 1 tub medium-firm tofu
- Place the olive oil into a large 6-quart Dutch oven and set over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the onion, carrot, celery and salt and sauté until the onions are translucent, approximately 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes, broth, coriander, cumin, ground pepper, spinach, tofu and stir to combine.
- Increase the heat to high and bring just to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook at a low simmer until the lentils are tender, approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, puree to your preferred consistency.
- Serve immediately.
- Enjoy with Daya's Favorite Salad!
- 2 medium-size leeks chopped
- 2 tbsp "Earth Balance"
- 2 quarts water
- 4 cups Instant Mashed Potatoes (or 6 pureed cooked potatoes)
- 4 cups plain soymilk
- 2 cups vanilla soymilk
- 1 cup "Braggs"
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- In large soup pan on medium heat, saute’ leeks in Earth Balance till leeks are soft & lightly browned. Then add water and stir in potatoes. Stir in rest of ingredients.
- Bring just to boiling, stirring occasionally, then simmer 10 minutes. Stir & serve with a dollop of Vegenaise! (Note: rice milk can be substituted for soymilk, but I use soymilk for increased protein content)
- For a delicious light supper, serve with Hummus Rolls!